Tuesday, October 25, 2016

I am (or I guess I am not) a leading physician of the world.

Image result for hippocrates

This fellow had a similar experience to me and blogged on it.

In case you are interested in becoming a leading physician of the world, here is the website.

I am not sure how I got into this but it may have been while wasting time on  Linked In or I may have responded to a random email.  I must stop doing this.

Anyway I got a phone message today, informing me that they had reviewed my information and I was now a leading physician of the world, as long as I phoned the toll free number they left me.  I had a hole in my clinic and so I phoned the number and after some time on hold, I talked to a lady who went over all my information and asked me some questions, like to what did I attribute my success.  I am not actually certain whether I am in fact successful or what I attribute any success.  I suspect being born white, and English speaking, into a middle class professional family at a time when University tuition was affordable had a large amount to do with it.

As the clock ticked away on the phone call, I was beginning to wonder how an organization devoted to the noble cause of identifying the leading physicians of the world supported itself.  I soon found out as the nice lady started asking my about whether I wanted the platinum or diamond plans and the costs of these.  I realized what I should have know all along that I was being scammed.  I therefore told the nice lady that while 10 minutes ago, I had not been busy, I was now busy and that perhaps she could email me the info.  She didn't want to do this and so I hung up on her so never got to hear about the gold plan like my cardiology colleague, let alone the silver or bronze plans which no doubt exist.

Anyway I have failed again to grasp the brass (or was it platinum or diamond) ring and will have to content myself with being an ordinary physician.

No comments: