Sunday, September 30, 2007

Things that piss me off: drive thru's

I probably drink too much coffee and lately seem to prefer to buy coffee rather than make it myself. I also have developed a taste for lattes even though I used to sneer at people who made me wait for my ordinary coffee while the barista prepared their latte. (I suppose being Bleeding Heart after all it was innevitable that I develop a taste for latte's)

Patience is not one of my strong suits.

It bugs the hell out of me when I park my car and walk into Starbucks, Second Cup or Tim's and have to stand and be ignorred while the staff services a long line of drive-thru cars. Tim Hortons even has posted time standards for the drive thru which are a hell of a lot shorter than the time it takes me to get served.

What are two of our biggest problems: global warming and obesity. So we let people sit in their SUV's idling for several minutes while they pick up their triple-triple and a donut. Meanwhile I am trying to do my small part for the environment and myself by parking my car or even walking to the coffee place and I have to wait.

Coffee places: be warned. I have had enough. Close your drive thru's or I will do something drastic. Like make my own coffee.

No comments: